We all have strengths and weaknesses and those traits play a huge part in our leadership style. So, how do we figure out what our leadership style is? Ken Jacobs joins me to share his thoughts on the differences between coaching and consulting and why understanding yourself is the key to knowing your personal leadership style.
Ken has been in the communications field for many years. He started off working in agencies and PR firms and realized he wasn’t fulfilling his purpose. After sitting down with a lovely Venn Diagram, he knew the path he wanted to take.
He’s now a communications and leadership consultant and executive coach helping everyone from c-suite executives to small business owners master their personal brand of leadership. For Ken it all starts with a good assessment.
It’s hard to understand yourself if you have no insights into how your brain operates.
Listen as he shares amazing insights into the mind of a leader and why the differences between coaching and consulting are extremely important. Want to hear more of Ken’s fantastic advice? Check out his podcast, Taking the Lead!
- [01:21] What kind of a leader are you?
- [03:04] Welcome back Ken Jacobs to chat all about leadership styles.
- [04:17] Why did Ken decide to launch his business and do what he’s doing today?
- [06:00] Learn the difference between consulting and coaching.
- [08:30] When coaching it’s important to empower your client to figure things out on their own.
- [10:10] How do assessments enhance and inform coaching?
- [13:00] When you’re coaching, your client is doing the heavy lifting.
- [13:58] Learn how Ken decides to use which assessments to take when he starts a coaching relationship.
- [16:21] Are there free assessments people can take?
- [19:43] When you find something that works, you want to bring that to all engagements.
- [20:32] What has he learned about himself as he’s gone through these assessments?
- [23:25] Ken shares his parting advice for the community.
- [24:52] Connect with Ken.
Links and Resources:
FOLLOW ME AT: