Wherever you’re communicating, leadership in communication means bringing all thoughts and ideas into a seamless framework; it’s the ideal give and take. Valerie Simon is a communications and marketing role model for Atlantic Health System. She shares her strategy for building teams and strong communication for the Atlantic Health System.
Listen in as she chats about her story and shares what it has taken to be a C-suite executive as well as a wife and mother. Learn why you have to balance sacrifice in your career and your family in order for both to be healthy, happy, and thriving.
- [01:54] What does it take to be a communications leader today? Learn more from Valerie Simon.
- [03:31] How did Valerie choose a career in healthcare and communications?
- [07:47] Valerie’s unpaid internship helped her realize she wanted to be a voice for people.
- [11:29] What characteristics does Valerie look for in her team members?
- [14:05] How did Valerie manage to get her doctors and team members to be more involved in social media?
- [17:06] What does being a trusted confidant mean to Valerie?
- [20:08] Valerie shares how she manages to be a wife, mom, and C-suite executive.
- [24:56] How does Valerie manage the stress of the job?
- [27:05] Learn more about the development process for Valerie’s team.
- [28:01] Hear about the resources that feed Valerie’s soul.
- [29:25] Valerie gives a bit of advice for being a great leader.
- [30:54] Connect with Valerie.
Links and Resources:
Episode Sponsor: Routledge Publishing
Watch the interview here.