It doesn’t matter how prevalent video and images become, words are still the best way to express yourself. Rea Frey has been putting pen to paper and fingers to keys for many years writing and having her work published. She has been published by one of the 5 big publishers and is helping her clients to write and publish books of their own.
Rea started writing when she entered a poetry contest and won. It wasn’t until years later when she was experiencing a huge medical trauma that she really dug in and started honing in her craft and her stories. Fast-forward several years later and she began to study the world of publishing and how and why it works the way it does.
Since then she’s created courses, published more works, and helped other writers to find their way in the world of publishing. She’s sharing her tips and advice on the best way to start writing and to be sure that you’re viewing your book properly in the grand scheme of things. It is a product to be sold, and you’re the one responsible for selling it.
Learn why it’s necessary to build a platform and engage with your readers before your book even launches (because email lists aren’t just for big and small business owners.) If you want to be taken seriously as an author, then writing a fantastic book is just the first step.
Rea is an inspiration and her story is definitely an amazing one for all aspiring writers who are seeking to become published authors. Success doesn’t come overnight, so just keep writing and putting your words out there.
- [02:06] Why writing is so important to self-expression.
- [03:25] How did Rea find her clarity and learn to express herself through words?
- [05:55] Why Rea created her program for aspiring writers and authors.
- [07:33] What kinds of fears do her clients share with her?
- [09:58] Writing the book is just the first step. Learn more.
- [11:49] Has Rea sought out help with her own writing as she has evolved as a writer?
- [13:34] Learn more about Rea’s most recent book.
- [14:56] How did she find clarity to write this book?
- [17:56] Does she ever feel stressed when it comes to her career?
- [20:31] Why boundaries have been necessary during this time.
- [21:55] Rea shares her last bit of advice on finding clarity.
- [22:57] Connect with Rea.
Links and Resources:
Rea on LinkedIn
Watch the episode here.