Do you tweet? I know that for many of us, Twitter seems to be that platform plagued with controversy and turmoil, but did you know that it can be the backbone of the social media in your business? Samantha Kelly, the Tweeting Goddess, shares her tips and tricks for using Twitter correctly, but also why it is one of the best platforms for building relationships.
Samantha started her entrepreneurial journey at a very tumultuous time in her life. She’d recently lost her father, gone through a divorce, and her daughter was becoming a woman. It was as she was trying to find some information for her daughter that she realized there was a huge gap in the women’s health market.
She created her first business by building a box of goodies designed for young girls to coach them through those first few milestones of puberty. Samantha quickly learned that successful businesses have strong social media strategies and began studying all about it. This was when she first discovered Twitter.
Samantha realized she’d found her calling when other entrepreneurs began approaching her to learn more about Twitter and overall strategy on social media. Listen as she discusses going from the Funky Goddess to the Tweeting Goddess and how her life has done a complete 180 at the same time.
Building great business relationships requires work and effort from all parties. Be kind to others and that kindness will come back to you. Samantha is full of wonderful advice that you won’t want to miss. Also check out her book, The Tweeting Goddess Little Book of Twitter Magic for more actionable tips and advice on creating meaningful relationships on social media.
- [01:08] Thank you for tuning in, showing up, and shout out to Leah.
- [03:34] Welcome to the show Samantha Kelly.
- [04:03] Learn how Samantha became an author, speaker, social media strategist, and Tweeting Goddess.
- [06:58] How creating a taboo starter box for young girls turned into finding her passion of creating connections.
- [10:34] From Funky Goddess to Tweeting Goddess, what did that journey look like?
- [13:16] What is the big takeaway Samantha hopes her readers find in her book?
- [15:31] Why kindness is such an important thing to show to others.
- [17:54] How does Samantha incorporate emotional intelligence in her work?
- [20:11] Samantha shares a few quick tips on how to optimize Twitter.
- [23:47] What are the challenges and “aha” moments Samantha faces every day?
- [26:48] There are a lot of women who can do it all, but why don’t they delegate?
- [29:38] Focus on the platform that is working with you. You don’t have to be everywhere.
- [30:36] Believe in yourself and what you have to offer and you will shine.
- [32:01] Connect with Samantha.
Links and Resources:
The Tweeting Goddess Little Book of Twitter Magic by Samantha Kelly
Episode Sponsor: Feel First Test
Watch the interview here.