Building and creating this amazing show started off as an experiment in a new way of learning and reaching a very important community. I loved speaking, but I found through years of being in media that I appreciated being on the radio much more than being in front of the camera.
It was then that I realized that women in podcasting were relatively rare (when I started the show) and I was interested in breaking that mold and providing relevant material to female leaders around the world.
As I thought about launching Women Worldwide, I spent many months diving into research and asking questions of close friends who were also creating podcasts of their own. In so many ways building this podcast and seeing it come to fruition was outside of my comfort zone, but it led me to ask the question, “what’s in my comfort zone?”
I sat with that for some time and I realized that as I became more knowledgeable about the process and spent more time with other podcasters, the fear that I had was greatly diminished.
So before you let fear stop you from pursuing your dreams, take a minute and see if the root of that fear holds a true place in your world. Do your research. Ask the right questions of the right people. As you begin to learn about your passions and how to make them come to light, the fear that is holding you back will get smaller.
See you in 2021 and happy holidays!
- [01:21] Deirdre is flying solo on this 300th episode.
- [02:10] Hear about the origins of the podcast.
- [04:42] First you need to identify your comfort zone and figure out what you love.
- [06:28] A podcast is an investment of time and energy.
- [07:08] In the process of growing and learning you lose the fear of stepping out of your comfort zone.
- [08:10] Thank you so much to the listeners and to the teams helping create this show.
- [08:37] Women Worldwide is taking a two-week break. See you in 2021!
Links and Resources:
FOLLOW ME AT:
Watch the interview here.