So many people need a voice in this world that we’ve created. One of the most underserved communities, and one who may truly not have a voice to share their experience, are those who have hearing loss. Janice Lintz is a fierce advocate for people with hearing loss and is sharing her advice for taking your advocacy to a whole new level.
Janice first started to realize that there were disparities for people with hearing loss after her daughter was diagnosed with a hearing loss and as such Janice was trust into a world that she didn’t fully understand but that she knew needed change.
In her time advocating for this community she has come up against federal agencies and huge corporations who have pushed aside accommodations for this group year after year. All of the setbacks and rejections have done nothing more than fuel the fire of her convictions.
Listen as she shares more about her story and what it takes to become a fierce advocate for causes that you believe in. She’s not stopping until people with hearing loss aren’t marginalized.
What causes are you passionate about? Do you feel that all causes need their space?
- [02:22] Welcome Janice Lintz, who is here to share her journey of raising awareness for those who have hearing loss.
- [03:25] Did she have any surprises along the way while building her business?
- [05:09] Janice shares some of the challenges she has faced in finding funding and raising awareness.
- [07:42] How major corporations are failing those who live with hearing disabilities.
- [11:01] What characteristics do you need to properly advocate for others?
- [14:07] Ways she knows who to work with and bring into her world.
- [16:29] Her biggest AHA and learning moment.
- [17:55] Where is her book?
- [19:56] How does she stay focused during tough times?
- [23:38] Janice shares her parting advice for becoming a better advocate.
- [26:38] Connect with Janice.
Links and Resources:
Janice on LinkedIn
Watch the interview here.