Beautiful, modern, sustainably made products that also keep families safe and responsible while partaking of the healing powers of cannabis? That’s exactly what Sharon Kevil thought of when she created Forti Goods. She segued from interior designer to furniture creator and business owner and is excited about this innovative new product.
Sharon launched Forti Goods in the midst of a pandemic but there’s definitely a market for this product. Cannabis prohibition has failed, as their website states, which means it’s time to elevate the reputation of the plant.
That being said, not everyone is on board with Sharon’s idea. She’s already getting plenty of hate on the social channels, but she makes a very keen point. Do people call up Crate & Barrel and complain about liquor carts? No? Then they really shouldn’t do so with cannabis!
My favorite part of this conversation is how Sharon has approached building her business. She has a fantastic mindset around growth and business building and her overall approach is so positive.
You’ll definitely want to hear her advice to women everywhere. It’s a topic we’ve discussed before but her viewpoint is fresh and electric, bringing it new life.
- [02:34] Welcome Sharon Kevil and learn more about her story.
- [05:04] Is the market ripening for her new venture in normalizing and safely storing cannabis?
- [07:57] Sharon shares the highs and lows she’s experienced since going to market.
- [09:31] Have they participated in any virtual trade shows?
- [10:15] What have been some of the high points?
- [11:40] Has she had any AHA or Uh-Oh moments?
- [15:15] She shares her experience with self-selecting and when she realized how hiring practices work.
- [17:28] What keeps her focused and motivated every day?
- [20:00] How success and being present are much like planning a vacation.
- [22:31] Sharon provides some tips for getting started on creating your own vision or dream.
- [24:55] Connect with Sharon.
Links and Resources:
Forti Goods on Instagram
Forti Goods on Facebook
Forti Goods on Pinterest
Sharon on LinkedIn
Watch the interview here.