Do you struggle with creating deep meaningful conversations that lead to lasting connections? In this world of instant feedback and world-wide connectivity, having real conversations has become harder than ever. Dr. Karen Jacobson works with organizations to strengthen their communication practices and learn how to create lasting impressions through power conversations.
Karen is the President of Aligned Leadership Academy and a former Israeli military commander. She has run her own Chiropractic practice and is a champion ballroom dancer. She has many and varied experiences that have helped her to connect with others in a sincere way.
She is now a high-performance strategist, speaker, and author who helps others realize the power of connected conversations. Her book Power Conversations, develops her ground-breaking communications framework called the High-Performance Triad. Karen helps leaders find their personality and leadership style and how they can best adapt conversations to create effective communication opportunities with their teams.
The ability to communicate effectively is the key to growing a business, serving your family, and developing relationships. Listen in as Karen shares the four personality types, why we all have a bit of all four, and why being confident in your knowledge and abilities will lead to success. She’s done it all! Listen to the end to hear her top tips for developing your power conversations.
- [02:18] Welcome! Dr. Karen Jacobson here to discuss how to start power conversations.
- [03:41] What stands out the most throughout Karen’s career and shaped where she is today?
- [05:01] How has her military career impacted her later pursuits?
- [06:40] Learn how to build trust within the military and in leadership.
- [09:10] Karen unpacks her books and what she hopes her readers take away from them.
- [11:14] Why you have to temper your personality with emotional intelligence in different situations.
- [12:22] Karen shares the four characters or personalities from her books.
- [18:57] What does it mean to Karen to command a presence in a room or on stage?
- [21:32] Learn why you need to keep a cool head under pressure to maintain your beliefs.
- [25:13] Which extends to all career tracks as well.
- [28:47] How has Karen tackled challenges throughout her career?
- [34:36] Karen shares her top tips for developing power conversations.
- [35:47] Connect with Karen.
Links and Resources:
Watch the interview here.