*We apologize for any issues with sound quality. Due to the ever-changing state of the world because of Covid-19, many of our guests are taking interviews and recording shows outside of their homes which interferes with the recording.*
Divorce isn’t a happy subject no matter when it comes up, but in times like these, it’s even worse. What is already a contentious affair becomes ten-fold worse when the courts are backed up and tensions are high.
No one knows this better than family law attorney Morghan Richardson. She’s worked her way through several different careers and has settled on the personal aspect that is family law. She has fought complex divorce cases and knows the range of emotions and experiences that come out of these situations.
Listen as we discuss women in law, her own personal experience as a divorcee, and why this is one of the worst times for family cases. For so many marriages, having a break from “together time” is essential, and that’s simply not possible right now.
Morghan shares her views on the courts as they stand right now, why marriages are under so much stress in this time, and what we can do to maintain our sanity. This was a truly enlightening conversation with a woman millennial in the field of law. You won’t want to miss it.
- [02:41] Welcome Morghan Richardson to Women Worldwide and why did she become a divorce attorney?
- [04:56] What do the courts look like right now?
- [06:20] Has the increased stress affected the number of divorce cases she’s picked up?
- [08:45] Does Morghan face challenges being a woman in law?
- [09:30] What are women in Morghan’s generation looking for overall?
- [11:28] Does Morghan have mentors in law?
- [13:16] Why should you keep ethics top of mind?
- [14:27] Any huge “ah-has” in Morghan’s career?
- [16:45] How has Morghan shifted her focus and faced challenges throughout her career?
- [19:15] What motivates Morghan to keep going each and every day?
- [20:39] Hear Morghan’s parting advice for the Women Worldwide community.
- [21:41] Connect with Morghan.
Links and Resources:
Morghan on Instagram
Morghan on Facebook
Morghan on LinkedIn
Episode Sponsor: Routledge
Watch the interview here.