I am so excited for you to meet Connie Zack. She is the co-owner and Chief Sales Officer of Sunlighten, a company founded after her brother began experiencing the after-effects of chronic fatigue syndrome because of toxic levels of heavy metals in his body. Connie shares how her brother’s healing journey led her and her husband to create Sunlighten, an infrared sauna creator and distributor.
Listen in as Connie reveals why family comes first and how her drive to impact the world in a big way pushed her to leave the security of her corporate job with Procter & Gamble and create a business that helps so many people ease the pain and stress of everyday life.
Connie digs into how the journey from being a witness to the healing properties of infrared saunas to understanding how to grow and scale a fledgling business has changed her life.
From learning how to hire staff and keep them motivated to discerning how to get their product into the forefront of the public consciousness, Connie reveals why each step was a moment of learning that has brought Sunlighten to the precipice of success. Every step has had a purpose in their journey and staying positive and keeping learning has been key to their prosperity.
Learn what it takes to go from starting a business in your basement to international renown.
The world is noisier than ever, but as Connie says, YOU are the one responsible for how you perceive every situation.
Focus on what you can learn from your failures and then move on to the next task or the next situation. Keep a positive attitude, be willing to learn, and take the time to better yourself with continuing your business education and focus on building strong relationships. These are the steps to succeeding in this noisy world.
- [01:05] Welcome back and thank you so much for spending your time with us!
- [01:38] Our topic today revolves around how today’s entrepreneurs can grow their businesses in our extremely noisy world.
- [02:23] Meet Connie Zack, co-owner and Chief Sales Officer of Sunlighten.
- [03:51] Connie shares her journey from working in corporate to business ownership.
- [08:00] Was entrepreneurship in Connie’s original life plan?
- [09:35] What was the growth process like in the beginning?
- [11:51] Were there any unexpected surprises that came with entrepreneurship?
- [13:00] Connie reveals the obstacles that had to be overcome as the company grew.
- [14:42] Why creating a powerful team is Connie’s greatest success in creating a business.
- [18:12] Connie shares what you can do to be a better role model.
- [21:13] Does Connie think it is harder for today’s entrepreneur to get out there?
- [23:27] You will make mistakes! Learn why those missteps will propel you forward.
- [24:08] How important are relationships when developing your company?
- [25:47] Learn more about the uses of infrared saunas and infrared light therapy.
- [27:47] Be sure to marry your work and personal life and goals for greater levels of success.
- [29:03] What is it like being a husband and wife team?
- [31:36] Connie shares her best advice for the woman entrepreneur.
- [33:15] Connect with Connie
Links and Resources:
Call Sunlighten: 877.292.0020
Episode Sponsor: Routledge.
Download a free chapter of my book Answers for Modern Communicators at http://bit.ly/learningtheessentials
Watch the interview here.