*We apologize for any issues with sound quality. Due to the ever-changing state of the world because of Covid-19, many of our guests are taking interviews and recording shows outside of their homes which interferes with the recording.*
In these times of social distancing and remote work, your communication is more important than ever. This has been a theme throughout our interviews lately because it is so true. But what about when we’re through this time, how will the communication standards that are set now, impact the future.
Samantha (Sam) Shattuck is the Director of Marketing for North American Bancard. She oversees the communication and messaging efforts for several different businesses throughout North America, and she’s here to discuss how communication leads to brand resilience.
Listen as she shares her journey into the FinTech world and how her own personal brand has evolved as she’s grown more confident in a male dominated industry. How have those lessons impacted her ability to build strong messaging platforms for Bancard’s clients?
Her words are so strong and so impactful because as many of us are coming to realize, this time would be wasted if we went back to “normal” in the end. This is a time to listen to our bodies, practice self-care, and start thinking about how we can do better in the future.
We touch on everything from creating sustainable schedules to understanding why self-care routines are necessary now and always. Sam also shares how she is beating the stress and anxiety of these times. Listen in for some amazing words of advice and encouragement.
- [02:47] Welcome Sam Shattuck to chat about brand messaging in tough times.
- [03:45] What pushed Sam to join the FinTech world?
- [05:14] Learn the best way to pivot in this time through communication and messaging.
- [07:48] Brands that deserve our business are the brands that… Sam fills in the blank.
- [09:48] How can women stand out in the FinTech realm during normal times and hard times?
- [13:43] Can social media help you avoid brand damage?
- [15:17] Has Sam had a learning moment that has helped define her career?
- [18:17] What sorts of challenges has Sam faced in recent times?
- [19:50] Does Sam have tried and found true ways to combat stress?
- [22:41] Sam gives her advice for what happens when things go “back to normal.”
- [23:56] Connect with Sam.
Links and Resources:
Episode Sponsor: Routledge
Watch the interview here.