Lisa Bien is a highly sought-after motivational speaker and media personality who is changing lives with her story and her work. She’s authored three books and hosts her very own Temple TV program called Your Best Life with Lisa. She joins me today to talk all about being in the media and what you can do to make it your reality if that’s your desire.
Lisa is able to get down to the nitty-gritty of other people’s stories because she has quite the story of her own. She went from a divorced, single mom who lost her job, to author, motivational speaker, and TV personality because she had the drive to change her life.
She knows that you can do the same because she did it too. She’s dedicated to helping others Bounce Back from life’s challenges while motivating them to keep working toward their dreams.
Listen as she shares her story, how she got into the media, and why she’s passionate about helping others to live their dream. As she says, this isn’t a rehearsal. We only get one life. Live it to the fullest. Listen in to learn more.
- [01:21] Do you want to be on TV? Where do you start?
- [02:57] Why did Lisa decide to go into the world of media?
- [05:10] How her TV show came about after she proposed a teaching series in Temple.
- [07:28] She went into TV at a time when women were leaving, but she’s always known this was her path.
- [08:48] What skills do you need to be a TV show host?
- [11:17] You have to be open to feedback and have tough skin.
- [12:38] Is time management important?
- [14:50] Discipline is definitely a requirement for success in the media.
- [16:47] Does she still step out of her comfort zone as a TV host?
- [19:59] What can a guest do to make a segment even better?
- [21:38] Lisa’s parting advice for everyone.
- [23:24] Connect with Lisa.
Links and Resources:
Watch the interview here.