Emily Pereira was living the perfect life, but deep down she knew that something didn’t feel right. When her life and relationship came crashing down, she realized that perfection wasn’t the answer, it was the problem. She went on a quest to find her real life’s passion and through writing and creativity, she discovered her authentic self and true happiness.
Emily is a life and love coach, author, creator, retreat leader, mother, and an advocate for finding creative passion within to live your true magical and radiant life. She lives in a magical world in Costa Rica with her partner and her daughter. She now allows her creativity to flow and helps other women do the same. You will laugh and be inspired with this wonderful conversation I have with Emily.
- [03:09] Emily is a mompreneur who holds retreats in Costa Rica.
- [03:23] About 10 years ago, Emily started wondering when she was going to do something that truly mattered to her.
- [05:12] She worked for a Fortune 500 company and lived on the beach with an original Internet tycon Myspace founder.
- [05:53] She did more of what she knew. She worked more, shopped more, and escaped more.
- [07:02] Emily was working from a framework of external happiness and deep down inside she had a nagging feeling that this wasn’t working for her.
- [08:02] Her boyfriend cheated on her, and she moved out of the beachfront property. She was full of pity and blame.
- [08:40] A beautiful new beginning can be disguise by a painful ending. She connected with a powerful spiritual teacher.
- [09:47] She discovered that her pain had more to do with the illusion she had bought into than what had actually happened with her breakup. She didn’t have to be perfect.
- [10:42] All of our thoughts have an energy validation.
- [12:02] It’s not about being perfect, it’s about being authentic.
- [13:02] Creativity is a natural part of being human.
- [14:06] You don’t have to be perfect to participate, you just have to give yourself permission to be a beginner.
- [14:48] She began tearing down illusions and taking radical personal responsibility.
- [15:56] When are you going to do something that matters to you? This question kept coming up.
- [16:37] She knew she needed to write her story.
- [17:10] She began writing a little before bed. The words flowed freely when she suspended judgement.
- [18:57] The floods of creativity burst forth from her, and she started doing all types of creative endeavors from painting to dance.
- [19:45] She discovered that creativity was connected to spirituality.
- [20:05] She felt connected to who she was and why she was here in those moments of inspiration.
- [22:16] Writing is a super powerful way to draw the authentic out of you.
- [22:57] She also suddenly felt a camaraderie with other women. She discovered her life’s work was going to be helping other women see the truth and beauty of who they are.
- [25:14] For Emily, success is touching lives and moments of bliss.
- [26:51] Emily had an epiphany where she discovered her new version of her authentic self.
- [28:53] Radiance and consciousness is an everyday practice.
- [29:42] Every morning she writes down 10 things that she is grateful for.
- [31:11] Things change, and there are going to be challenges.
- [33:05] Time management can be a challenge for a busy mom.
- [34:19] Emily lives in Costa Rica with her daughter and life partner.
- [35:40] She works with women who want to attract love.
- [36:36] The nature, jungle, and life force of Costa Rica is amazing. As well as the fruits. They have a very International community.
- [38:20] There’s absolutely nothing wrong with you, if you aren’t happy. You just bought into an illusion. There is a wellspring of magic living inside you. Tap into your creative passion to fulfill who you really are. Permission. Passion. Purpose.
Links and Resources:
The Quest (Coming Soon)
Watch the interview here.