When hard times come upon you and your life, how do you react to them? Do you approach them as learning opportunities or do you allow them to ruin the moment? Andrea Heuston has faced her share of tough times, but she’s still here smiling and empowering others. Listen in to learn all about her story.
Andrea’s corporate life started off with a bang. She was the head of a team at her company and then was asked to fire all of them. The next day she too was laid off. Rather than give anyone that kind of control over her finances again, she stepped fully into the entrepreneurial world.
Fast-forward through three very impactful events in her life and she knew that she was meant for more. Which was why she wrote her book, Stronger on the Other Side.
Listen as she shares more about the book and what she hopes her readers take away from her experiences. She’s even sharing some of the questions that she keeps on hand to ask herself when things are spinning out of control.
Andrea has been through some seriously major moments in life and her ability to shift her mindset and refocus her emotions is what she credits for continuing to live a happy life. You’ll definitely want to tune in to hear her amazing story.
- [02:54] Andrea shares her story and how she became an entrepreneur, author, and podcaster.
- [04:46] Where did she get the gumption to start her first business?
- [05:57] What does she want people to take away from Stronger on the Other Side?
- [08:47] How grief has affected her life and health.
- [09:54] The questions you can focus on to move past grief and shift your mindset.
- [12:01] Was there one particular moment that she remembers knowing she’d be stronger after it?
- [14:58] How does she compare where she is now to where she was when she was younger?
- [16:43] Why it’s freeing to let go of the need for validation.
- [18:15] Does she still face challenges today?
- [21:49] How you can be stronger on the other side.
- [24:15] Connect with Andrea.
Links and Resources:
Andrea on LinkedIn
Andrea on Instagram
Andrea on Facebook
Watch the interview here.