Raising money for a new venture is never an easy process, but when it’s done right, it’s very rewarding. Sevetri Wilson created and funded her first business at the age of 22 and has been a serial entrepreneur ever since.
Her most recent startup, Resilia, a tech company designed to revolutionize how nonprofits are created and maintained, has now raised over $10M in venture capital and she remains the majority shareholder.
Sevetri shares how she did it and why she thinks it is so important that you have a team behind you.
Raising money for a new venture in an unstable economy is certainly not an easy endeavor, but it is possible. Learn major tips from Sevetri and how to best prepare yourself and your team for your next pitch meeting.
We had an amazing conversation covering so many different topics related to raising money, building a sound business, and building a healthy team. Sevetri shares it all while also keeping in mind that we are operating in a whole new world. If you’ve been concerned about funding, you won’t want to miss this conversation.
- [01:17] Have you been curious about how to fund your next venture?
- [02:51] Welcome Sevetri Wilson to chat about finding and securing funding.
- [04:58] What sorts of characteristics do you need to raise money and capital?
- [07:00] Did she find that her age hindered her in securing funds?
- [09:24] Has she ever run into an issue with company control, ownership, and shares?
- [11:12] Why you should surround yourself with people who know things that you don’t.
- [12:22] Should you have a team with you or do it alone?
- [13:33] The three things to keep in mind when trying to capture VC attention.
- [14:18] Sevetri names one of her proudest moments and biggest mistakes in business.
- [16:34] What would an ideal retreat look like versus the reality of today?
- [17:46] How does she stay present and focused with her virtual team and in life?
- [20:38] Sevetri shares her parting advice.
- [21:52] Connect with Sevetri.
Links and Resources:
Sevetri on Facebook
Sevetri on Instagram
Sevetri on LinkedIn
Watch the interview here.