From a Farm in the Outback to a Business That Spans the Globe
Would you ever be willing to sell everything you own? What if it meant you could go off on a world adventure where you’d learn how to help people dream big, live fully, and utilize their unique talents? Founder of The Thriving Collective Cameron Brown did just that, and he has turned his dream and passion for helping others into a socially conscious company that has positively impacted millions of lives around the world.
Raised in outback Australia, Cameron first experienced technology as a true connector when he started taking singing lessons over the phone. This degree of open space at home gave him unique opportunities to grow and explore (and cause a little mischief). Listen in to find out how this lifelong curiosity led him to get rid of all his material possessions and launch a business that changed his life—and can change yours.
In This Episode
- Hear the life-changing moment that set Cameron Brown on a path of rediscovery in 2010
- How technology can be used to empower others and enhance who we are
- The importance of having a sense of curiosity and exposing yourself to new experiences and possibilities
- Why you need to become your own best friend today
- What happens when you stop living in excess and refocus your life and business with intention
Quotes in This Episode
“Technology, when used appropriately, allows us to create and experience a life we simply wouldn’t have been able to 10 years ago.”
“I’m a big believer of having a certainty of your outcome…but then a sense of absolute curiosity about how you might get there.”
“When you are on your own, and there’s no one else around, and you’re going through some real challenges, are you there to support yourself? Or are you there to pull yourself down?”
“When something happens, I’m curious enough to say, ‘Well, if that’s possible, I wonder what else is possible?’”