Kate Isler is back on Women Worldwide and this time she’s written a book! In case you missed her first episode and aren’t sure who Kate is, here’s a quick rundown. Kate is an activist, wife, author, mother, partner, friend, businessperson, sister, and risk-taker who never had any intention of being an entrepreneur, but life had other plans.
The last time we spoke with Kate she was launching Be Bold Now and since then has shifted and pivoted into speaking and authorship. She’s also launched TheWMarketplace with a partner and in general, has stepped fully into entrepreneurship.
She never had any intention of becoming an author. Writing a book was never a bucket list item for her, but after spending 20 years with Microsoft and seeing how her experiences shaped her, she knew she needed to share her knowledge with other women.
Breaking Borders is an ode to her years in the start-up space and realizing that the one thing she didn’t do was allow others to diminish her presence. Listen as she shares where the last year and a half have taken her and why she has felt called to further empower women in their own success.
- [01:29] How much of your energy and momentum is helping you defy expectations?
- [03:27] Kate Isler is back to chat about her most recent book and career pivot.
- [05:25] Why and how she decided to write this book.
- [06:34] What did her support system look like as she began writing?
- [08:57] Kate shares one of her favorite passages in her book and why it still hits home.
- [11:58] Why do we ignore our instincts?
- [14:40] Has she had any AHA moments as an entrepreneur?
- [18:31] How does she stay focused with everything else going on?
- [20:23] Does working out help her combat stress?
- [21:34] Has Covid affected their launch and partnership?
- [24:06] Why they build in personal interaction time before each Zoom meeting.
- [25:36] Kate shares some tips for you to start breaking borders.
- [27:34] Connect with Kate.
Links and Resources:
Kate on Instagram
Kate on Facebook
Kate on LinkedIn
Watch the interview here.