How do you express yourself to the world? Do you ever find yourself being held back by expectations and doubt? What would it feel like to let it all go and feel free to express yourself exactly as you wish? For Gilda Garza, that is the reality.
Gilda Garza is a celebrity-favorite artist known for pushing the limits of raw emotion in a way that captivates the soul and sparks curiosity. She is famously known as the first artist to ever exhibit on the Las Vegas strip. She’s won the hearts of artists, collectors, and celebrities around the world.
But her work is not just for her or her patrons. She’s been using her work to help fund charitable organizations and create income for causes she believes in. One of her pieces sold for over $80K and she used every bit of it to donate to one such cause.
Growing up in Mexico to an artist mother, she has always felt free to express herself. It isn’t always easy but it is absolutely always worth it.
Listen as she shares her story and why art is her life and her passion. She’s a forever student of her craft and she’s dedicated to helping bring up other artists as well. Ideas are great, but unless you take action that’s all they are.
She has a truly inspiring story and the work she’s doing to elevate artists and causes everywhere is notable. Listen in to hear her philosophy on self-expression and finding the good in everything.
- [02:36] Welcome Gilda Garza to the show.
- [03:07] How does one become a celebrity famous artist?
- [05:24] Has she always had the same style or has it developed over time?
- [06:22] What is it about her paintings that she hopes to share with her patrons?
- [07:57] Learn about one of her biggest aha moments as she’s grown.
- [10:43] Was it intimidating to be the first artist to exhibit on the Las Vegas strip?
- [11:52] Gilda’s advice to up and coming artists.
- [12:31] What does success mean to her today?
- [13:09] She shares a day in the life of an artist… at least this artist.
- [14:27] Is social media the way to build buzz?
- [16:20] How difficult is it to be critiqued?
- [17:43] Are all of her pieces part of series’ and does she paint larger canvases?
- [18:25] What’s the difference between oil and acrylic?
- [19:53] With Covid has she been networking more online than in person?
- [21:56] Does she love being a business owner and an artist?
- [22:51] Gilda’s advice for sparking curiosity and creativity.
Links and Resources:
Gilda on Instagram
Watch the interview here.