Would you consider yourself to be a lifelong learner? Are you constantly seeking to broaden your horizons and delve deeper into your passions? For Ruth Gotian, learning has always been a compulsion. The desire to know more and have a greater understanding of her passions has always driven her. She’s here to share how you can dig deeper into your passions and keep the knowledge train moving.
Dr. Ruth Gotian is a Chief Learning Officer and Assistant Professor of Education in Anesthesiology. She has made it her life’s mission to better understand the high achieving mind, and distill their habits into educational materials for adults everywhere. Her work has taken her across the globe to speak on optimizing our success, leadership development, and mentoring.
She is currently in the process of researching the most successful people of our generation in order to learn about their habits and practices to help others optimize their success. But it’s her passion for knowledge that has taken her this far.
Listen as she shares why we should all complete our own passion audit and then work with highly engaged mentors to bring our passions and work together. Mentors are one of the most important pieces to ongoing success, but not just any mentor will do. She shares the best way to create a mentor group and what specific characteristics you should look for.
Dr. Gotian is a joy to listen to because she has truly found the best way to marry her passions into work that fulfills her life. If you’d like to do the same, then you won’t want to miss a moment of this chat!
- [01:03] Welcome back and thank you for tuning in!
- [02:18] Ruth Gotian is here to chat about continuing your learning. Listen as she shares how she made her way to adult learning.
- [03:55] What does it mean to meet your overt and covert goals?
- [06:24] Learn more about the passion audit.
- [09:20] Why the third column of the audit is so important.
- [10:15] What kinds of characteristics does one need to create the work of their dreams?
- [11:19] How to put together a very effective mentoring team.
- [14:08] Can you use LinkedIn to connect with leaders in your space?
- [18:05] How does Ruth find time to continue her own learning?
- [21:28] Do children still like to read actual books or are they eReaders?
- [23:41] Ways that you can surround yourself with knowledge and learning.
- [24:45] Connect with Ruth.
Links and Resources:
Ruth on LinkedIn
Ruth on Instagram
Ruth on Twitter
Watch the interview here.