Have you been seizing opportunities to sharpen your emotional intelligence while adapting to changes in the workforce? The process of becoming more emotionally aware is not one and done. It’s an ongoing focus on you and your ability to properly process emotions in all situations.
Andrea Hoban has spent more than twenty years in leadership and managing large teams, but what she found was that she was passionate about coaching others. She is now an executive coach who helps professionals learn to harness their emotions and achieve their goals.
She and her business partner founded Oji, a digital platform designed to help us learn skills like emotional intelligence to improve the quality of our lives. Andrea has a ton of knowledge to share and she’s giving it all away on this episode.
Listen in to learn how stress affects your ability to process emotions and why taking care of your essential needs is a requirement in developing a stronger sense of emotional intelligence. Andrea is sharing her stress relief strategies as well as small changes all of us can make to get closer to our emotional goals.
If you’ve been having a difficult time reining in your emotions during these turbulent days, then you won’t want to miss out on the benefit of Andrea’s expertise.
- [01:34] How much are you putting your EI hat on in all of your interactions?
- [03:02] Learn more about Andrea Hoban and how she became involved in EI in the workplace.
- [05:23] Are there ways to become more emotionally intelligent?
- [08:41] What are some small steps to a higher level of awareness?
- [11:41] Learn about the app that Andrea has helped develop to teach EI.
- [14:40] Has she had to navigate and manage challenges as she’s grown?
- [19:03] How does Andrea manage stress?
- [22:11] Stress is not always bad.
- [23:55] Andrea shares her parting advice for the community.
- [25:18] Connect with Andrea.
Links and Resources:
Andrea on LinkedIn
Watch the interview here.