Priya Nembhard and Joan Pelzer couldn’t have approached becoming entrepreneurs in more different ways. Priya has been a serial entrepreneur since 2003 when she and her husband created their first business. Joan, on the other hand, happened into the entrepreneurial life by chance and hasn’t lost the bug for a moment since.
It wasn’t until the two came together to create media magic, that they realized their true passion and purpose in this space. When they met and came together it was as if all of the pieces of a puzzle slid into place. They now create a radio and YouTube talk show called Follow Me Friday and have truly learned the beauty of creating a brand and following on their own terms.
Listen in as Priya and Joan discuss the evolution of Follow Me Friday, why their partnership has bolstered their personal businesses, and why embracing various media has taken their show and their businesses to the next level.
They both admit that your branding is the foundation upon which your business should be built. It is the voice, the “texture,” the “feel” of your business and it is what people will remember long after you’re gone. Their biggest advice with regard to this unbelievably important business creation step? Make sure that your branding speaks to not only your business goals and your ideal client, but that it also speaks to YOU.
These two make creating a social presence seem like a breeze, but it hasn’t been all sunshine and rainbows. Listen in as they share the ups and downs, highs and lows, and most important of all, the challenges they’ve faced and continue to face as their partnership grows.
Joan and Priya definitely understand the intricacies of having a media presence and this conversation is full of fun and laughs, but best of all they share tangible advice that you can use to start becoming more comfortable with being social!
- [01:08] Thank you for showing up every week!
- [02:18] Learn more about our two guests, Joan Pelzer and Priya Nembhard.
- [03:50] Joan shares a bit about her entrepreneurial journey.
- [05:14] How did Priya become a serial entrepreneur?
- [06:30] Priya chats about the story of how she and Joan met.
- [09:19] The two discuss the evolution of Follow Me Friday.
- [12:05] How does the show come together?
- [13:40] What makes for having a really good guest?
- [16:00] Learn more about how Follow Me Friday morphed into video from audio.
- [18:24] Hear Joan and Priya discuss why branding is important to creating a thriving business.
- [23:20] How do Joan and Priya manage Follow Me Friday with everything else that they do?
- [24:50] What would the duo say to the entrepreneur who is scared to be social?
- [27:57] We chat about the pros and cons of feedback from other people.
- [30:08] Priya and Joan provide a bit of parting advice for all of our entrepreneurs.
- [32:15] Connect with Joan and Priya!
Links and Resources:
- Follow Me Friday Website
- Joan’s Website
- Priya’s Website
- Priya on Twitter
- Priya on LinkedIn
- Episode’s Sponsor: Fabian Geyrhalter and eRESONAID course
- Download a free chapter of my book Answers for Modern Communicators at http://bit.ly/learningtheessentials
Watch the interview here.